Sunday, May 21, 2006

Overstimulated Once Again

Saturday's birthday party for Alexander and Gabriella at the Laguna Awesome Jump place...turned out to be some crazy fest with sixty five kids and at least a parent or two for each of those kids. I think Deanna held up a sign on the corner inviting random people to come to the party.

I have to admit there were some friendly tall ladies... I'm talking over 6 ft 4... they were so tall, one was quite fascinated with the babies... She stood around talking to me and them for at least twenty minutes, and came back a couple times to boot. The babies seemed happy to put on a talk show and smile a million times for her.

Then came the stranger... she was talking to me.. i talked back for awhile - and then I decided to ignore her... and then she kept wanting to hold the baby and I kept pretending not to hear her... Yes... I AM MEAN.... the babies were talking and talking... it was time to eat, and I tried to feed Sydney out in the waiting area where it was quiet.. but she just wanted to chat... Peyton didn't mind nursing.. she nursed double because Sydney didn't wanna eat and Peyton didn't want to let anything go to waste.

Bianca went to stay the night with Uncle Rudy, Aunt Andria, Dominic and DJ.

When we got home from the party the cry fest began.... both babies were screaming and crying and wanting mama... and mama only has two hands, and daddy wasn't cutting it. Eventually he'd give up and I'm calm one baby and then pick up the next and the calm baby would begin to cry again.... this went on for over an hour... finally I got Peyton to sleep and then worked on Sydney... YEAH... peace and quiet.

1 comment:

  1. You have got to be the most patient person! I KNOW it is so hard to calm two fussy babies! Well, I love your blog so much, that I have created one of my own...hope you don't mind that I copied you! lol Well, your entries are very cute and interesting...you are a very busy mommy!

    ReplyDelete