Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday and stuff

Finally got a phone call from one of the parents regarding soccer. 1 signed up for tryouts and of course my two as well. It felt great to get that phone call and a yes...  Amen. Thank you Burt. So right now it looks like Sydney, Peyton and Carly. 
Stuff goes as followed. Love and Logic seems to fail me at times. It's the whole tired mom and hello can I get 5 minutes??  
Stopped at the park after school with the kiddos. Gorgeous day and didn't want to deny the kids and myself some sunshine.  We went a few days ago and had the most awesome time. Today was no different.  Swings, slides, rock climbing and Sydney showing off doing pull ups.  Even the boys couldn't do it. Took a video or two of the girl being all strong. We had to leave early from the park, no bathrooms and 2 outta 3 kids needing to potty. Kam threw a fit of course and once in the car and while driving us home kam decided to throw his shoe at my face.  He's a great aim and has a mean fast ball. Yep it stung and all love and logic went down the toilet in the moment where I lost it. Breathe in. Exhale. Back to love and logic. Ought oh someone needs to spend some time in their room. So kam went to his room when we got home. Door open? Or closed?  Open it is. You can come out when you've stopped crying and have spent 5 quiet minutes in your room. 10 minutes later he came out, apologies and hugs. 
More outside time after I put in some work time. Bikes and basketball but I missed the gym. 
Kam has been on a bugs bunny kick, for a kid who doesn't like to watch TV much he kinda digs the bunny. 
Fast forward it's getting late and bed time and kam comes down w an eos Chapstick he but into. So I ought oh someone needs bedroom time and he freaks out. Kicking crying. I carry him to his room. Finally after 10 minutes he decides to pee, brush his teeth and put Jammie's on.  This is where it gets tough. Normally I lay with him every night til he falls asleep or I fall asleep. Tonight he kept telling me to lay in his bed. I told him empathically. I'm sorry I don't lay with boys who are mean to their mom.  Ill sit In the chair while you go to sleep.  Maybe tomorrow i can lay with you.  So here I sit in the glider blogging while he's laying in his bed watching me. 
Kamren fell asleep like this. Face against the boards... At the foot of the bed instead of the head where we normally sleep. This way he was closer to me and watching.  

Last year when we had the great routine going I read to all the kids and everyone went to bed nicely and this mama sat in the glider while kam put himself to bed - well this is almost like that. But I have to admit. I ❤ laying with kam in bed. Love that he talks softly to me, tells me in his best friend, kisses me, squeezes me, snuggles me, runs my arm, face and says the sweetest things. "Mama where did you get your elbow?  Who have it to you?  I love your elbow!"  How can you resist that boy.  
Ought oh!!!!
My lil man going to school. 
Cheese. I forgot to post these during the week. TGIT. Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment