Monday, June 25, 2007

Summer Fun

Saturday we packed up the kids and headed to Folsom Lake where we were having a Family Cook Out. The last time we went was almost ten years ago. Bianca and Emma were the only kids back then. If we didn't have all our stuff in storage I'd post a picture of them on the see doo then and them now... oh well.


Almost everyone showed up - The Avila's - Papa, Grandma, Tios Rudy and Andria, Primos Dominic and Donovan... and us. Uncle Rafa, Andres and Vanessa came on Mexican Time with the boat. He brought a three seat tube and managed to get Bianca on that, I have no idea how...Uncle Rudy got Bianca on the see doo by telling her if she went for a ride with him, Papa would win the bet they had.... - The

Ortega's - Tios Gene, Blanca, Michael and Erick - primos Mia and Athena - and the McClains - Uncle Tom, Carmen, Leslie, Steven and Joan and the kids Emma and Andrew - it was a full house. Uncle Rudy and Aunt Andria brought the see doo's and so do Erick. So we had a boat and doos to play on.

I went out with Andria.. first time I drove the red and purple GSX and then I took the Yellow XP out. What a difference. The GSX you feel every bump, jump and the XP is smoother. I had a great time on all of them. I rode the GSX a lot, my forearms are sore, and my butt... yeah, it's quite sore too. I was jumping and racing and trying to throw myself off gettin squirley, but it didn't happen.

Joan managed to fall off the XP while giving Athena a ride, I'm not quite sure how it happened, but Uncle Michael and Uncle Gene saved the day... Athena is fearless, cuz about an hour later she took a ride with me, we chased her daddy around on the lake, and she loved going fast.

Peyton and Sydney went for a boat ride, Peyton went right to sleep, Sydney enjoyed the ride for awhile and the next thing you knew, she was out for the count.

The kids all had a great time - riding the tubes, swimming in the lake, playing in the mud and eating popcycles.



We are now planning a camping adventure.

Sydney goes Sea Dooin
Peyton goes topless
the girls first boating experience
Dominic takes his favorite baby cousins on a lil ride, aren't they just the coolest kids. Peyton couldn't wait to be in the middle, and when she got her turn, she was holding onto Dominic's hair - Andria got a great picture of it


DJ and Mama take in the breeze
Daddy and Tio get their grub on
Sydney found a good skippin rock
She doesn't think she needs papa's help at all

1 comment:

  1. Nice summer pics!!!

    I got your message on my blog about Olivia being sick. I would love to hear more from you. I have had her to 2 doctors now and she still has a fever of over 102. I really don't know what to do.

    Send me an email
    debbie.ingram@sympatico.ca

    Thanks,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete