Thursday, March 16, 2006

Tuesday's all nighter (condensed version)

I guess I should have known that the worst sleepless nights were still to come. I'm hoping I had the worst and last sleepless night. I laid down at 11 o'clock after feeding both babies. The first cry was at midnight, I felt pretty good, the one hour had done wonders for me. By 1:30 I had both babies fed, changed and into the co-sleeper. I crawled into bed and before I could pull the covers up over my head - the first cry. I got the binkie... she kept spitting the binkie out. (Can you tell I'm not naming names). She was now screaming, so I got up and we went into the livingroom and I patted her back, rubbed her tummy, we danced, we listened to XM radio, we danced some more and her eyes closed. I laid her down and then her sister decided to open her eyes and yell. She wanted some attention too. I looked at the clock, it was now 2:34, so I picked her up and changed her diaper, nursed her, burped her, danced with her, she dropped off to sleep much quicker, it was now 3 something and I put her into bed and her sister peeked at me, she was hungry. So I changed her diaper, nursed her, changed her diaper again and tried to get her to drop off to sleep, but she was wipe awake... So I laid her down anyways. She didn't like it, she moved around, her hands flailing, hitting her sister and waking her up, so I had two crying babies... One is hard enough, but two.... not something you will appreciate. So I give one a binkie and hold the other, then I switch, then I switch again and again... finally someone gets tired and drops off to sleep... time to nurse babies again.... one and then the other... more crying, but no tears....at 545 I crawled into bed with one baby and Ben crawled into bed with the other baby... it was quiet once again.... for two hours, then it was feeding time again, then sleep, then Amy showed up.... and the day began. Could it have been that my friendly starbucks bistra person added the caf to my decaf on Monday????????? I'll never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment