Friday, March 17, 2006

Almost Tuesday

I nursed Peyton and then Sydney, put them into their bouncers and headed to bed. Daddy was still awake and I figured the girls would be up about 11 or 12 to nurse again. Daddy is usually going to bed about that time. Peyton woke up at 12 and so I nursed her first and changed her, then put her in the co-sleeper. Next I woke Sydney, changed and nursed her, she was asleep, I put her into the co-sleeper and as soon as I did.. she started her noises... She holds her binkie in her mouth and makes noise... she spits the binkie out and makes noise. She's a noise maker. I checked the clock numerous times as I prayed she'd drift off to sleep. At 2:30 Peyton joined in and I knew it was time to nurse again. So I took Peyton out into the livingroom and checked the late night TV, then tivo - watched an episode of Girlfriends (it's funny) Peyton ate and got changed and went back to the co-sleeper, grabbed Sydney who had manged to keep her eyes closed and still make some noises. I changed her and nursed her... I watched Loop (a new comedy - yep I tivoed it too. She soon drifted off to sleep, no longer clutching the nipple, I figured she was a safe bet and I took Sydney back to the bedroom and put her in the co-sleeper where she started in with the noises.... I looked at the clock it was now almost 4 am... and I'd been awake far to long... I picked Sydney up and laid her in bed with me.... she snuggled in close and she was out... there were no strange noises, no noises at all.... We laid there for ten minutes...I couldn't sleep, I needed the comfort of my down comforter around my neck, over my shoulders - my arms were cold.... I thought i was in the clear... so I put her back in the co-sleeper and crawled into bed.... I had just pulled the comforter over me when the noise began... how long could it go on... how long would I let it go on. another ten minutes and I climbed out of bed and picked her up... we wandered into the livingroom, and yes it was premeditated. I turned the bouncer on, placed Sydney in the bouncer, gave her the binkie and ran into my room... She was happy... I couldn't hear the noise... I was happy - I pulled the comforter up over my head and fell asleep. At 7 am Peyton woke up and we nursed... Ben came in and said he was surprised to see Sydney in the bouncer - YES HE SLEEPS THROUGH EVERYTHING -

No comments:

Post a Comment