Friday, August 26, 2011

Sophmore

Where has the time gone?  I remember those first days after bringing Bianca home from the hospital, the joy I felt staring down at her cute lil face as she nursed or cried.  She was so dependant on me, like nothing I'd ever known, and I couldn't stop smiling.  My body felt like a wreck, but my spirit was elated. 

As she grew up surrounded by adults ~ no cousins in sight, she developed into a smooth talker, groovy dancer and one of a kind. 

Today she's in 10th grade and much different than she was as she walked into Kindergarten 10 years ago.  She is finally becoming independant.  I'm not talking picking out her own clothes, brushing her teeth and hair, she's been doing that for years.....  But being able to run into Starbucks or Jamba Juice or the store without me...  that's a hurdle that took 14 years to get to.  She makes 'Great' choices (most of the time)  She's an awesome athlete, amazing student who sometimes struggles but manages to take what she's given and more forward.  Imagine the girl who didn't get Alegebra for 2 years....  getting an A in that class last year.  She took what was offered to her - tutoring after school and sometimes at lunch and she turned that grade right around, she finally knew Algebra and understood it.   I love that about her.  She can do anything she wants and I believe in her.  

She's now taking more honors classes and I'm praying she's still taking this school thing seriously, so far she's loving her classes, her friends, and maybe a few of the teachers.  I'm very proud of the student she has become and the daughter that she is.  Love that girl!

Here are a couple pictures of my baby girl who's no longer a baby girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment