Monday, April 04, 2011

SAHM Day 1

Our first official day at home without daddy.  We got up for our 5 am feeding, and by 530 Kamren was asleep, snoring even... and I couldn't fall asleep.  I tried everything, head under covers, counting sheep, nothing worked.  By 615 Ben was up and moving around and I was trying still to go to sleep.  By 7 Kamren and I were up again for some milk.  After he finished we went downstairs and he slept in the swing while I cleaned up my counter, put magazines into the basket and picked up around the house.  I checked out the news and had coffee.

As 830 rolled around, Sydney and Peyton came down to snuggle, then we had breakfast.  We played with Kamren for a lil bit, everyone got dressed, ready for the day. Kamren wore his Giants outfit for the first time, and I'm not sure how many more times he'll get to wear it, he's growing fast. We played til his eyelids closed again.  While Kamren napped again, we went out back and played soccer, then the girls played Pirates on the play structure. 

Around 11 Lynda and Kaden stopped by... with Starbucks *lol*  the girls had some new apple grape juices, and some yummy real fruit snacks.  I had an iced Mocha..  Couldn't go wrong with some chocolate and espresso.  The kids went out back and played Pirates and keep away from Kallie.  Lynda and I hung out and chatted.  It's always so easy, the way you fall into conversations and it's just like home.  Not sure how to explain it, but we had a great time. 

We are already planning more play dates for Sydney, Peyton and Kaden, they really hit it off. 

After they left we got some snacks, Kamren got changed and ate and then we went on our nature hike.  The girls drove their jeeps, and I pushed Kamren in the stroller.  It was beautiful outside, warm enough for shorts and a tank top with a lil breeze.  It was a long stroll, but I would have loved to go further, but it was way after lunch time.

After lunch we practiced our address and phone numbers, then settled in for a resting period, when I'd like them to take a nap, but we didn't press it this afternoon because it would have been a late nap, and I'd rather them get to bed early.  They watched a movie and I tried to nap.  Didn't happen.

I started dinner around 530, Ben and Bianca were going to be home around 615 and arrived just in time for dinner.  Looks like it's going to be a long week.  They'll be leaving the house around 7 am and getting home almost 12 hours later, and two nights a week it will be 13 or 14 hours later (when Bianca has soccer games).  They play Mira Loma tomorrow but the coach told Bianca she won't be playing much, he's giving the 'not so good players' a chance to play since ML is the worst team ever. 

Right now the girls are all out back playing, and Ben and Kamren are watching basketball while I blog and work on Kamren's birth announcement.  Yay.  Looking forward to hanging out with Soccer Jim tomorrow morning for a lil bit.







No comments:

Post a Comment