Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 1 of Vacation

Sydney and Peyton slept in bathing suits last night, and we had a girls only slumber party in my room. No boys allowed. Bianca slept on the floor, while Sydney and Peyton were snuggled up next to me.

Honestly it didn't start out as a slumber party. Ben was downstairs playing left, right, center with Bianca. The girls were tucked in bed and I was asleep. I heard shouting. Sydney yelling that she had to go potty. I was in and out of sleep and hearing it. Finally I got up and let her out of the cage, I mean gate. Then she started screaming she wanted the light on. I didn't feel like turning the light on, it wasn't like it was pitch dark anywhere. The bedroom light was on, the hall light was on, it was fireworks bright. Still screaming. Still not giving in. 5 minutes later I put her back in the cage, I mean room, closed the gate and screamed obsenities at Ben for making me wake up to take a crying kid to potty. The screaming never ended, mine or Sydney's and finally I packed two babies into my bed and we all fell asleep, somewhere after the sun started to rise, Bianca must have came in.

Waking up is easy to do... unless it's a work day. Woke up bright and early, you'd think I heard the rooster crow. Is that what they do? Sydney and Peyton woke up soon after and they were ready for Vacation, ready for Diego's party.

Happy 2nd Birthday Diego.

After three hours of Sydney telling me we were going to be late for Diego's swim party, we arrived. We were one of the firsts. The pool was nice. Manor Pool in Davis, check it out. it has that zero entrance, or ocean entrance. There was a lap pool, a water slide and spray ground. They hand out life vests to the kids too.

One boy, Jedediah (not really sure how you spell it) he was chasing a beach ball deeper and deeper and all of a sudden he couldn't touch. he was managing to keep his head above water and then he went under. I ran over and grabbed him up even before the lifeguard got off her chair. He said Thank you. Very polite lil boy, I helped him back into the shallow end and then he scooted off to find his mom and get a life vest. A lil while later he grabbed my hand and started talking to me, he wanted me and Peyton to go play in the spray zone with him.

We party was a hit. We ate wheat crust pizza... my personal favorite, salads and fresh fruit. Can't beat that. After the swimming session closed we moved out to the regular park where the kids decorated cupcakes. We played for another hour or so and then headed home.

And did you see or feel the rain? How bizzare was that.

Ben and Bianca went shopping at Macy's while Peyton, Sydney and I played in the backyard with Kallie, watched Harry Potter and went for walk. Bianca got a bunch of skinny jeans, some tank tops and some sandles. Sydney and Peyton got roxy sweatshirts and some princess stuff.

Taco's for dinner and then I dragged Bianca to Old Navy with me, I got a shirt and the babies got some shorts and bathing suit bottoms. Bianca didn't want anything.

1053 and the babies are still chattering away and Bianca is cleaning her bedroom.

Day 2 begins tomorrow with a trip to Folsom Lake with Tia Amy and Uncle Ty. Peyton can't wait to be the Captain and drive the boat.











Finger lickin good
Claire, Jedediah, not sure, Peyton, Stella (Shannons in there too)

Tristan, Bianca, Sydney, Emily, Grandpa and Diego

Peyton's ready for water polo

Grandma, Emily and Diego

Sydney gets a fishy fin ride from Bianca
(closest to furthers) Diego, Stella, Sydney, Emily, Shannon, Peyton & Bianca

Peyton showers

Sydney's spray wash

follow the leader

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for pictures! Sounds like a blast. Did the girls sleep soundly after all of that?

    Hmm, isn't it coincidental that our husband don't hear our kids while we're trying to sleep?? That's when my elbow gets used if he's right next to me.

    So, was Bianca trying to rack up more money with the LCR game or what? She's hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:50 PM

    K,

    I think this Blog entry would have been a perfect one, . . . if only we could have had a sound track to go along with the written description of your "conversations". I certainly hope your second day was sleep filled.

    SJ

    ReplyDelete