Sunday, October 19, 2008

edible crawl for the cure

Saturday October 18th was the edible crawl for the cure. This was my first time doing this pub crawl, and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Some of the names have been changed to protect the innocent. Our team 'Straight Shooters' consisted of 8 girls and 1 boy. It was originally a no boy event, but Kim invited her boyfriend Warren. Our group was Missy, Milly, Lauren, Kim, Me, Anita, Jade, Nico, & Warren. Each member got a 6 oz glass and a participant badge... and we were off.

We started our trek at Felicia Strati, from there we went to Zocolo's for a shot of tequila and a lime slice.... So we clicked our glasses with tequila at noon. From there we walked to Old Soul Co. A coffee place, we got some coffee and cookies, breads and brusetta. 58 degree's & Holding was next, we got red wine and pasta, breads, aspargus dip, olives, brusetta. Jade lost her $40 lipstick.... the kind that makes your lips oh so kiss - ible? I told her next time.. bring chapstick.

Then we went outta order and went to Buckhorns for mini steak sandwiches and chinese chicken salad and more red wine....hit the Wine Lounge and Urban Kitchen after that for Sangria and spinach pizza. Next was Bistro 33, I don't even remember that place. Wait, I take that back. we had the yummie mini taco's there and sparkling wine - that I didn't like. I quenched the flowers thirst though. This is where things started to get interesting.

We walked to Mason's after that, it was really nice. Somewhere around here the fire fighters were out in force. Anita was waving, Jade was whistling, and we strutted around like we owned the sidewalk. Someone Jay walked.....We had cherry lemon drops, and when I climbed onto the bar to have my badge stamped, the bartender asked if I was gonna dance for them... well didn't he wish... We sat out in the courtyard and took pictures then wandered to Temple for some coffee. Jade and Anita held up traffic while petting someone's pup. I think they were already feelin it.

After that we walked across the street to Parlare Euro Lounge which was my favorite place at the time. We went up the stairs to the top floor and they served shrimp, edemame, garlic fries, chicken, salad, you name it... and Sangria... Kim carried the extra glasses and badges, so I grabbed one extra set and got another round of Sangria, I was double fistin there, and I loved it so much I went up a second time to get more. They had a dance floor and Lauren & Jade were shakin it, then Anita and I went up to join them, we all got our groove on before we headed for Sofia's. Everyone was giving me a bad time.... because I don't drink... but I was drinking - makin up for lost time is what they were callin it. Lauren and I were the babies of the group.... okay well really just Lauren, but I was next in line.

Sofia's is right across from Ben's work... They were serving Mojito's - Best Drink EVER.... plus they had a huge dinner spread. I had a few Mojito's, they were my favorite. I drank Missy's, two of my own, and Milly's and then I got one for the road. Missy was watching me close, til she had to tinkle... that's when I made my move. Lauren's back was turned and I stole back to the bartender to get some extra drinks. You can't beat that yummie mint.

Brew it up was next on our list, I don't even remember that place. The Clarion Mansion was great. I ran into two of my friends Teri and Lisa. We hung out for a lil while and then I spent a lot of time sittin on Jade's lap. She was crazy and I was drinking water at this point of the journey. We danced and she kept playing with my hair, we skipped and danced along the street to Butch and Nellie's for gelato.... Ummm that was good.

We skipped Azul's or maybe it was just me, cuz I don't recall Azul anything, and I was thinking blue. went next door to Tapa the world to Kasbah Lounge, they were serving Sangria and pita's. Pillows lined the walls, and everyone made themselves comfortable, or at least I did. Jade brought me more Sangria and Kim brought me a huge glass of water.

Next we passed over Sanad's Mediterranean Deli and went to the Stonegrill & Bar for some blue popcicle shots and steak. yum, yum, I could have had a couple popcicles, but those eyes were watching. Next stop was Yogurt a Go Go, then Rubicon Brewing Co and then we ended at Zocolo's for dinner. I got another shot of tequila but totally forgot all about it, til I accidently slammed it, thinking it was water.

While we were hangin out at dinner I thought I saw someone familiar, looked like Gabby from Mosaic's, my estitician. I looked at Jade and I was telling her and before I knew it she was hollering across the place and sure enough Gabby came over and hugged me, we all chatted awhile, and Jade was asking her if she ever did a brazilian wax on me. We all had a great laugh.

Dinner was delicious. I had the veggie enchilada's. Dessert was ice cream with churro's and caramel. Then we wanted coffee.... Nico was the only one to get coffee. The waiter was into Nico... after her second round, the rest of us mere mortals were finally served. Kim used all the milk, and no one was lactating, so the rest of us were outta luck.

We decided to call it a night somewhere close to 8. I won't talk about what happened after dinner cuz it's secret. mawwaaahhhaaa. and i can't post pictures because it's all secret. a secret society.

So did you think I got sick... all that drinking.... NOPE... I drank about 4 glasses of water at dinner, and then another 4 when I got home.... but my head was SPINNIN every time I closed my eyes.... I was so happy that I didn't get sick. I hate sick.... I wanted to go to bed early last night, like right when I got home... but Sydney was sick. runny nose, watery eyes... and I think I went to bed closer to 1 am because the kids were crazy. Ben snuck to bed around 1130 or something. What a punk.

2 comments:

  1. ah ha. I see why they call it a "crawl". I'd be crawling after the first stop! Sounds like lots of good food and um, laughter! Guess, there was no "mileage" to keep track of eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! How do I get into this exclusive Club next year??? Phullleeezzzz???

    ReplyDelete