Tuesday, February 12, 2008

the city part deux

My boob hurts, only the right one... it's hard as a rock - and I'm getting a lil weepy.... my days of nursing my babies are gone - and oh how I wish I had my babies here right now, so they could nurse - drain me.... please....

I didn't sleep well - I tossed and turned and woke up every two hours... UGH - the alarm I set didn't go off, of course I didn't need it... I woke up for the last time 5 minutes before the alarm was scheduled to go off. I got ready slowly...

I called Ben at 620 knowing he had to get Bianca off to school & the babies off to daycare. He was off - with my dad getting stuff for the backyard - the landscape is almost complete, when I get home tomorrow night... there is a chance we'll have grass in the backyard.... hard to believe, I'm so excited....

Grabbed some OJ and a lil muffin for a continental breakfast -the car was parked outside the hotel and ready for us at 640, we headed out in search of starbucks, or whatever local coffee shop served americanos.... 40 minutes later we were at San Francisco State University and I was in dire need of a fix (caffiene) Some ASO students met us and help us get set up. I found the campus cafe which served Peets, but no americano.... we were finished with work about 1130- the 400 readyreturn toolkits were passed out along with 200 mood lights - fastest event ever... the students were very receptive and we had a great morning.

Theresa and I headed for the Wharf and Pier 39 for some lunch. We ate at bubba gumps - it was disappointing to say the least, but the company was good - I ate shrimp with salsa.... she had the coconut shrimp. We walked around, got some clam chowder from Boudin San Francisco for the road. We drove the financial district a couple times, then out to find the high end market - I was really looking for an AE to get a belt.... i forgot my belt and my pants were falling off... luckily they have these lil tabs that you pull and tighten, on the sides.... They just happen to be AE cargo pants. in the end, I decided on no belt.... and we headed out for another scenic drive then back to the hotel for a nap...

did i mention my boob hurts - and I'm in the middle of that PHS - more to do...I sure hope we get outta the city early tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. okay, you City girl. Where's your camera? It sounds like you're having way too much fun. I'm slightly jealous..but would like to not deal with the boob pain. :( Take care of yourself. I hope it doesn't turn into an infection.

    DJ is home "sick" again today.

    I'm interested in Peyton's "diet"!?! And how the heck is Ben getting the yard done with the girls too? Ahh, let's hope for more great weather to let that grass become adjusted to home! ;)

    Have a safe trip back!

    ReplyDelete