Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Weigh In 6 weeks

I had my first experience putting the girls into the explorer and taking them out. I put Peyton in the middle because she's lighter than Sydney. I had to climb into the car to get the carseat out. I can already tell I'm not gonna wanna go anywhere without daddy. Ben says his arms are coming out of his shoulder sockets when he carries both carseats, I can't imagine. I wonder if we'll ever use the stroller we got for the infant carriers? Ben is already talking about buyin the britax marathon, yeah the big carseat...

We took the girls to the lactation station at Sutter to weigh them. Sydney went first, she weighs 9 lbs 11.5 oz. Peyton weighs 8 lbs 13 oz. Sydney feels so much heavier than Peyton I was afraid they were a couple lbs different, maybe Peyton is gonna hit a growth spurt to catch her sister. I wanna go shopping and buy them their first pair of Robeez, Ben keeps threatening to buy one pair that they can share ~rolls eyes~

The girls are exclusively wearing 0-3 month clothes now. The 0-3 are still quite baggy, but I can tell they are growing into them. They never wore any of the premie clothes they received, and now the newborn outfits are snug on Peyton and don't even fit Sydney. I'm excited. By the time summer gets here, they should fit nicely into the 0-3 month clothes maybe even into the 3-6 month clothes.

I've been spending quite a lot of time alone with Sydney and Peyton. My sister Amy has been working lots and having the odd shifts, odd in that she can't come over and play. Don't tell her, but the babies miss her... so do I. I held Sydney on the bjorn yesterday and Peyton in the Mayan wrap. I still don't have the hang of the wrap, its been nice having them both, that way I can hold them at the same time and still have a hand free. One is better than none. We usually dance around the house when we're in the bjorn and wrap, before I got the wrap, it was the bjorn and my arms. It's quite hard carrying the baby in my arms while wearing the bjorn. I'm gonna have some muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment