Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sleepless in Sactown

I'm running on lack of sleep, hoping for a chance to close my eyes for a period of time that lasts longer than thirty minutes. Tuesday night I didn't get much sleep, maybe two hours the whole night, but in thirty minute increments. Peyton had a tummy ache, or something, she was up all the time and just crying. Is this where the colic starts? They say the crying spells start when the babies come to the 40 week gestation mark, the original birthdate. Yes - I read the happiest baby on the block (wish I went with the DVD now, it might be easier to go back over things). Needless to say I did a lot of walking the hallway with Peyton last night and then had to sneak in time with Sydney (at least she needed to nurse). During the day today I tried to catch some cat naps, it was IMPOSSIBLE. Between feeding and the noises that Sydney makes... Did I mention that she sounds like a goat, a car, I think she's related to the guy on Police Academy. When she's trying to fall asleep, she's making lots of noise, I'm lucky that Peyton usually sleeps through it, along with daddy. Mommie on the otherhand wakes at the slightest noise or movement. Bianca gets out of school at 11:20 the rest of the week, so I couldn't just take a nap after lunch because she was coming home and she's not a latch key kid yet. I got a phone call at 1130 asking if Bianca could go to Aleece's house to play til 130, so I said sure. I wish i knew in advance I could have taken that nap. At 130 I got a call that Aleece's mom was running late and could Bianca go to the teachers conference with them... I said okay again... Missed another napping opportunity. Knock at the door at 245... Bianca is home and Aleece and Elene come in to visit the babies. Bianca leaves again with them ... Oh how I wish I could have taken naps. To late. I did get a nap in from 7 pm to 8 pm... I'm nursing the babies and going to bed for good.. okay not really, but I'm praying to get two hours of sleep before they wake. Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment