Saturday, April 26, 2008

March for Babies

Today we woke with the roosters and headed to the Capitol for the March of Dimes - March for Babies.

The group I volunteer for.... Sharing Parents, we formed a team and walked as a group. It was all for a good cause, the money we raise for March for Babies will support lifesaving research, services, education and advocacy that help babies get a healthy start. The mission of March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. We got great shirts... okay the gray shirts are more my style... but the parents got this teal color and the family and friends got gray shirts... So this year Heidi put this together very quickly, and we're hoping that next year we can do it again... and I'm voting for GRAY shirts ... and one pink footprint and one blue footprint.... the parents shirts say... Parent of an angel, and the family/friends shirts say Famly of an angel... Kinda cool... and our babies names were listed on the shirts.... I also had my neice Alyssa's name put on the shirts too... I'm thinking maybe one of these years I'll be able to drag my sister in law carmen out to one of these fundraisers.... Last year I did the March of Dimes with my sister in law Andria... but we all know she just had a baby the beginning of April and wasn't able to participate... but I'm sure she'll be back next year.... We missed you Tia Andria

Okay here are some pictures... Everyone was taking pictures so I should be uploading more within the week - ones that my friends took. But here are some of the ones we got....


k - only a few pictures because the babies are screaming bloody murder and I can't upload more....











4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I'm totally on board for next year! What a gorgeous day for a walk today! How'd your ankle do? How'd the girls do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Great pictures :) The shirts are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome. I actually like the shirts. Looks like it was a beautiful day for a beautiful event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job team Avila!!! I loved the group family picture. I'm so proud of you all!

    ReplyDelete