Tuesday, February 26, 2008

La Jolla

This morning we got a later start than normal, we were waiting on some overnite material so we headed for breakfast at Mimi's Cafe before the moodlights were going to show up. The event today at San Diego State went better than any of the other events. It was sunny and warm - shorts weather warm - tank tops even... to bad I didn't bring a tank, but I did have shorts.... The campus was amazing, the weather brought out everyone on campus and they ate the toolkits/prizes up. Yes, marketing ReadyReturn is fun work, now I just wish that all the returns were really ready when we started, most people who quailified - filed before they got the message to use ReadyReturn. Pilots sucks. - not the ones flying the planes either....

So after we finished up at the University we went back to the hotel and then headed to La Jolla - it was breathtakingly beautiful - and I didn't bring my camera - i was kicking myself.... We walked around the village, checking out the places to eat for later, window shopping, and then it was down to the beach. We sat and walked around the beach for a long time. We watched some young girls playing in the tide, it would take them out and bring them back, they were having so much fun - it was priceless. We walked along the shoreline and touched the foamy water - it was freezing... We walked around some more - checked out some galleries - Peter Lik - amazing gallery - he's great, i'd like to have some of his work on my walls. i want to take photographs like his..

Okay so I had this idea for a picture of the family all looking out at the ocean, make it black n white, have it blown up and put it over the fireplace.... We may have the opportunity to come back to San Diego the middle of March... And I'm thinking it would be the perfect time to get that picture.... problem is.. ben doesn't want to bring Sydney and Peyton with us if we come to San Diego...

So should we make a special trip to San Diego - preferably La Jolla to get this picture?

Well to finish off the great day, we went to Cody's for lunch - it was a late lunch, we got there at 2, normally they close at 2, but they decided we looked hungry ~lmao~ the food was exceptional and the presentation was hard to beat - I had the grilled eggplant sandwich and salad.. Yummy.... Rob had the chicken sandwich - it was my second choice. Theresa had the shrimp Louie and swore by it... so next time you're in La Jolla check out the beautiful seaside cottage

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:54 AM

    I have a better idea, you can all come here and I'll take the picture :) lol..okay, well it sounds like a good idea to me. ha ha. You need a nanny cam so you can see what angels they really are ~wink, wink ~ I think we know better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I'm jealous. I TOTALLY enjoyed San Diego when we went last year. Take the kids to the zoo or Seaworld. La Jolla was BEAUTIFUL, however we didn't get too far (just had dinner at Hard Rock), then it got dark. Another beautiful outing is to that island-like place out there, can't think of it (where the military base is?) Ahhh! The weather is strange sometimes, you never know what the day will bring...usually NICE!

    I'm having an awful day at work today...thought your blog would cheer me up some! I tried!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a beautiful idea for a family portrait - can't wait to see it once it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Born in San Diego...heart in San Diego...try to get there every year. I am so stinking jealous!!! But always happy for you...soul sister! Smooch all the girls for me.

    ReplyDelete