Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sac Valley Live Steamers Railroad Museum (outside event)

Saturday was my nephew Dominic's 4th birthday party - he turned 4 on the 9th of June, he thinks he's five cuz he had a birthday party on the 9th and again on the 17th. He's one lucky guy, two quick birthdays and everything was a POWER RANGER toy (not really, but don't tell Dominic that).

First thing when we got there -It was HOT, Sydney was CRANKY, she cried, screamed almost the entire time I nursed Peyton, who was super hot and eating SLOW. They had those great mist things, so we were getting a lil wet, which felt good, it would have felt better if we could get a lil breeze. By the time I finished nursing Peyton and finally calmed Sydney down, she was out like a light, she didn't even nurse before going to sleep. She slept about 30 minutes, enough to reenergize herself and gave me enough time to eat - one handed of course.

The kids boarded train after train, taking the 1.5 mile train track around the place. Some of the kids/adults got to see a mama deer and a baby (tiny). It was very cool, ... er so I heard. I only got to see the mama running around. She was looking for her baby I think. I only got to take the train once... I was nursing babies and making them content more than I was partying. ~lol~ the life of a mama.

We had yummie BBQ, but they had to feed the help, which cut into the train rides, another reason I only got one ride. I'm thinking they should eat in shifts, that way one train is always running the track. Must be why i don't own a business.

We had a lil soccer game after eating. I only played a half of the game, the end half, long enough to be on the losing team. Oh well. We had fun and that's what counts.

After the party we went to uncle rudy and aunt andria's house (dominic's parents, my brother and sister in laws). The kids played in the pool after Bianca helped Dominic open all his presents. The three babies (Donovan, Sydney and Peyton played on the floor, Donovan rolling around mostly, and my two girls doing some tummy and back time. Sydney fell asleep during the play time. We headed outta there and home. Bianca stayed the night with her cousins.

...I have no pictures because I forgot to charge my battery. OOOPS

1 comment:

  1. I said the same thing. I was so upset I did not bring my camera, than will learn me next time!

    ReplyDelete