Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Home alone plus two

Last night Sydney and Peyton had baths, no more sponge baths, they got to get in their lil tubs. Sydney cried the entire time she was in the tub. She was happy to get out and dried off. I gave her a lil massage on the changing table after drying her off, it seemed to settle her down some. She was happy to be in someone's warm embrace, she wanted to cuddle bad. Bianca video taped the bath scene.

Peyton was next, she cried at first, but then she got used to the water, it was only after we finished the bath that she was upset. She wasn't happy to leave the warm water, maybe it reminded her of the womb. Maybe the towel wasn't to her liking, she was irritated with the hood, and she didn't care much for her massage, she screamed way to much. I ended up cuddling her for quite a while after the bath until she was calm again.

Sydney went right to sleep while Peyton wasn't allowing the sandman to come. Peyton was wide awake for over an hour.

Today I'm home alone with the babies. My sister is in training the rest of the week and my mom is sick, so it's just me, sydney and peyton. It's not that bad. They seemed to sleep lots of the time, but I know there will be awake time. They woke up at the same time... wanted to eat and Sydney ate first... Peyton wasn't very happy that her sister was eating first... she cried quite a bit, but she finally got her turn and Sydney didn't mind at all. I guess her tummy was full. I had them on the bed and I took some pictures of them during the awake cycle. It didn't last more than 30 minutes this time around, but I'm sure they'll be wide awake while Ben takes Bianca to her indoor soccer game.

Indoor soccer - tonight is the championship game. Rage (bianca's team) vs Menace. Going into the final minutes of the game the Rage was down 2 - nil, but the Rage is never out, they managed to score two quick goals and send the game into overtime, then double overtime and sudden death. Bianca scored the winning goal with only two minutes left. I sure wish I could have been there to see the game. They got T shirts after the game and the girls went to Chinese Food... I think it's kinda late for eating, but maybe they worked up an appetite. So yeah I went from spending all day long alone with the girls to spending all night alone with the girls too. I managed to get in some Sydney time, and then some Peyton time. I don't think I'll get any Bianca time tonight, it's already after 9 and she's not home. She needed to be in bed already, but at least it's Ben that's waking her up in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment