Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday

The phone rang @ 9 am.... it was my sister, she'd come to help with Bianca, Sydney and Peyton. First stop - Trader Joes and Starbucks. I really needed a fix - of decaf. 9:05, the phone rings again. Darice is stopping by to visit. Darice held Sydney and then Peyton. She tried her luck changing diapers... someone had a couple accidents.
It was a beautiful sunny day, we hit 70 degrees and I've felt like I was couped up in the house for way to long - 18 days to be exact.... I made an appointment to get outside, at least for a lil while. Went to get my eyebrows waxed. Amy stayed with Bianca and Ben, Sydney, Peyton and I went for a lil ride. After we got home - the babies nursed and then we went to the cemetery to visit Kyle. We took the girls out this time since it was sunny and nice. They were in the carriers with blankets over them, but it was nice to sit on the lawn for a lil while in the sunshine and hang out.
Went to the in laws for dinner and to visit. Tio Rudy, Tia Andria, Dominic and Donovan were there too. Papa enjoyed going between Donovan, Sydney and Peyton, holding each of them for as long as he could. Tio and Tia got a chance to hold the girls, even grandma got a turn.
We got home and settled in, the five of us watching a movie, and then moving into the bedroom for some tummy time.

Sunday 2.5.2006
We went to the hosptital around 10 pm, I was having contractions 6 to 10 minutes apart, the last few times I went to the hospital they'd give me a shot and sometimes a pill to stop the contractions. They watched the contractions for a couple hours, and I got really hungry, so Ben brought me a couple mini donuts, I was thinking maybe I'd get to go back home. This time the nurse came back after talking to Dr Huiga and said - get ready, you'll be having the babies tomorrow morning about 730. Baby A was breach and Baby B was transverse, so there was no way I could deliver naturally. They moved us to a new room, big corner room with a view, they gave me the shot and the contractions finally started to slow down after another hour. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't get comfortable. When the dr found out I ate the mini donuts, they postponed the C - Section til 10:30.

Birthdays - February 6th 2006
Sydney was born at 1051 am, weighing 5 lbs 14 oz, 18 3/4 inches long, light brown hair.
Peyton was born at 1054 am, weighing 5 lbs 13 oz, 18 3/4 inches long, dark brown hair.
The babies looked great and they moved us into the recovery room, the babies didn't need any special care so they got to go with us.
The first two nights my sister stayed in the hospital with me, if you thought being in the hospital with one baby was hard - try two babies and a C-Section. On Wednesday Bianca went to Westminister Woods with her fourth grade class, they would be back on Friday. Wednesday and Thursday night Ben stayed with me. On Friday when we left the hospital Sydney weighed 5 lbs 5 oz and Peyton weighed 5 lbs 4 oz. Monday at their check up Sydney weighed 5 lbs 10 oz and Peyton was 5 lbs 7 oz. One week later Sydney weighed 6 lbs 3 oz and Peyton weighed 6 lbs 1 oz. I guess all the nursing is paying off, they seem to be gaining weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment